Founded in 2015, TNEDICCA is a Technology startup based in Columbus, OH specializing in providing location-based traffic crash intelligence and analytical platform services to enable Auto insurance companies improve profitability through more accurate risk ratings and safety-based navigation.
We are currently looking for a Senior Data Engineer to join our talented team of Data Science professionals in driving our mission forward. This position requires experience with working in large volumes of geo-spatial & relational data and an understanding of database design , management and architecture. You will serve as subject matter expert on data structures, data sources and tools, techniques, and methodology to process data that enables advanced analytics.
Who you are…
- Passionate with an aptitude to quickly learn new and emerging technologies
- Self-starter willing to jump into difficult situations
- Insanely curious, analytical, and loves solving problems
- Agile and adaptable to a fast-paced startup environment
- Strong verbal and written communication
- Able to obtain results from cross-functional teams
- Understand data life cycle and lineage
- Able to translate business needs to technical solutions
What you’ll do…
- Design and maintain data pipelines that translate raw data from disparate sources into ready-to-use formats leveraging existing database systems or building new ones as necessary.
- Build processes that ensure the reliability of ETL cycles and verify data accuracy.
- Design and implement data quality monitoring reports and quickly resolve any issues.
- Leverage APIs to extract data from disparate sources.
- Write complex SQL queries efficiently to prepare data to support reporting, advanced analytics and data visualization.
- Collaborate with the entire team to design new algorithms, drive optimization and continuously improve our analytical solutions.
- Manage and scale our AWS technical infrastructure including Databases.
What we’re looking for…
- Expert SQL skills with hands-on experience querying, tuning, organizing large and complex data structures.
- 5-7 years of work experience as a Data Engineer is preferred.
- S. in Computer Science/Engineering or related field required
- Expertise programming in languages such as Python ,PHP and UNIX Shell Scripting.
- Expertise with relational databases such as PostgreSQL, Oracle, SQL Server etc.
- Experience with cloud storage and computing using AWS.
- Familiarity with Geo-spatial data. Experience with PostGIS, QGIS, and/or other geospatial tools.
- Strong Critical Thinking and basic understanding of Statistics and Probability.
- Proven ability to apply good software engineering principles and practices.
- Ability to select and use the right tools for the job, particularly open-source solutions.
- Ability to communicate clearly to technical and non-technical audiences.
- Experience working within a multidisciplinary, agile team format.
- A mindset and work approach that aligns with our core values.
- Medical and Dental Insurance
- Vision Insurance
- Stock Options
- Generous Paid time off